Reception.+91 4865 230445
Qatar. +974 55206974
About Rainforest Kanthalloor Orchard
Kanthalloor, the Kashmir of the South.
Kanthalloor is a village known as the Southern Kashmir due to its chilly climate and misty atmosphere. Nestled in the Western Ghats of India, it is situated in Kerala around 50 Kms west of Munnar. This is the only place in Kerala where the ambient temperature does not go beyond 19ºC. The salubrious climate, the picturesque landscapes, wide variety of tropical crops coupled with the close proximity of Munnar, has transformed this village into a tourist destination. The outstanding natural beauty of Kanthalloor and its surrounding area is presenting the visitor with an excellent opportunity to encounter a diversity of scenery and become acquainted with the rural life on the intimate scale of the hills.
Kanthalloor is famous for its wide variety of farm crops which is not normally seen in any other parts of Kerala, that includes varieties of Apple, Peach, Pears, Orange, Strawberry, Blackberry, Plums, Pomegranate, Custard apple, Gooseberry, Avocado, Fig, Guava, Lemon, Lime, Kiwi, Passion fruit etc. Vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage, carrot, beetroot, potato, capsicum, beans, butter beans, green peas etc. The climate is also ideal for the commercial cultivation of exotic flowers.
Surrounded by misty mountains and natural dense forest, this place once had been the retreat location for Rajas and feudal lords. This place also gives you an opportunity to see the blooming of Neela Kurinji flowers which happens all over this mountain range, mysteriously only once in 12 years.
Other places of interest around Kanthalloor are terraced paddy cultivation, Pattisseri Dam, the waterfalls, Anaimudi Shola National park, Eravikulam National Park, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Marayoor Sandalwood forest, Muniyaras, Marayoor Sugar Cane Farms and Jaggery production, Organic Fruits and Vegetable farms, Apple Orchards, Rose gardens, plant nurseries and photography and cinema shooting points.
Rainforest Kanthalloor Orchard
At 'Rainforest Kanthalloor Orchard' we offer a unique Two-bedroom Country Farm House experience within an exclusive Organic Farm environment. It is essential to preserve the environment and maintain the resources at its best for the current and future generations to enjoy. In order to prevent overuse and to protect the special features we have crafted for genuine enthusiasts, this facility will be available in a limited and controlled manner during certain seasons. Here we have attempted to recreate the Farm House concept - a replica of how our older generations lived in harmony with the nature. Due to busy life- style, many of us in the present generation may not often find an opportunity to experience this type of life. This two acre fertile land is abundant with fruit bearing trees which are rare to be found elsewhere in the State or within India. We also have accustomed and developed certain exotic varieties of vegetables, herbs, fruiting and flowering plants from abroad.
Here is a place to stay in a pristine atmosphere, coveted for its seamless blend of ultimate living comforts and nature. With comfortable modern amenities incorporated, our farm cottage property has a full time caretaker and cook to serve you.
This is also the right place where you can see and experience the adventurous tribal and rural life. It will be an awesome feeling to see flocks of country chicken moving freely around and your children watching the recently hatched chicks in excitement. We welcome you to a brand new world of pure air, water and calm ambience.
- 24-hour Room service/Coffee shop
- Access to Tata Sky and other TV channels
- Oil heaters in all the rooms
- 24-hour Hot water
- 24-hour Security
- Ample Parking space
- Spices, Fruits and Vegetable garden tour
- Mountain trekking/exploring
- Jeep trekking to Manavan Shola National Park
- Photography/Sight-seeing trips/Birds watch
- Local & historical attractions
- Sandal Wood forest walk
- Visit to Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Visit to Jaggery production unit
- Visit to Muniyaras
- Visit to Waterfalls
- Visit to Kulachuvayal Tribal Settlements (Muthuvan)
- Shopping trip - Local spices/honey/Tea/handicrafts/Sandal Wood Oil
- Campfire, Barbeque/Butler Services. karaoke music
- Cottage type house with bed rooms (bath attached). According to your requirements, you may choose a 1 bedroom or 2 bedrooms (full cottage),
- Well furnished room interiors with all requisites for maximum comfort
- Well kept variety farm with endemic vegetables, spices, herbs and fruits
- Homemade food prepared by Cook
- Cool temperature and mist enveloping the cottage at all times
- A pond within the compound with variety of fishes
- Panoramic view of smog cladded hills and valleys with evergreen plantations
- Ideally suited outfit for a large family or two couples at a time - total privacy
- Welcome Drink
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Unlimited Instant Coffee and Tea Sachets
- Contact details, Location Map, Address, and travel guidance are provided
- Large open sit out area / windows facing the farm and garden
- Campfire and Barbeque - arranged on Request
- Comforts and facilities provided in a regular resort room are available - showers, toilets, fresh linens, beds, and chairs are standard. The sights and ambience are unique and spectacular
What you get
Above everything, what you take home will be a wonderful experience that you would cherish for the rest of your life.
Note: A Picture gallery of the Cottage, the Orchard surroundings and highlighted facilities to be included and try to use only actual photographs, as far as possible.